Lucy waits for the weekend.
1. I think I'm getting a handle on things. Isn't that about the craziest thing you've ever heard? The house is a wreck and I have a ton to do, but still. I have the handle in my hand at least.
2. I think Neel and I have a hot date tonight. Hotter even than the night when we went to the grocery store. We're chaperoning Callum's Cotillion. I know. I don't know if I'm allowed to take pictures, but I'll try to sneak in at least one Instagram photo and recap the event on Monday Mash-Up.
3. I think I should probably give some more serious thought to the fact that my birthday is coming up. You know how some years you think about your birthday a lot and other years it slips past you? This is a slip past kind of year. For starters, it's on a Monday, and yawn. Who wants a birthday on a Monday? Callum's forensics competition is the Sunday before, so that kind of kills that day. We're all so busy right now and Neel will be heading out of town for a chunk of time right after. No one is feeling really celebratory. I'm totally okay with that, but I am starting to wonder if I need to start thinking about getting myself a little present. Thoughts?
4. I think that despite my disinterest in shopping, we still need some things. We have a new media cabinet (finally, thank you Lord), but we need dining room chairs, a desk for the family room and a very specific, as-yet unfindable liquor cabinet for our butler's pantry. So see! All hope is not lost.
5. I think I'm envious of all the great links you guys always find, and I'm just going to say that I'm hopeless at that. But Callum found some great Instagrammers who are posting awesome photos of beagles and corgis. Even he's better at seeking out this stuff than me.