My friend Alice gave me her mom's recipe for Chocolate Crinkle Cookies many years ago. This year was the first time my mom made them.
1. I think I feel as tired and worn out as the old year.
2. I think my favorite ritual this season was lighting our Christmas tree as soon as I got up each morning. Early. I'll need to find a replacement ritual.
3. I think my favorite part of Christmas was sitting in Callum's boy-cave the day after Christmas as he, Neel and my dad played with trains.
4. I think I'm crazy to host part of our neighborhood New Year's Progressive, but I'm looking forward to it.
5. I think I needed the blogging and social media break I took this week, but I miss my peeps. I checked in on you guys here and there, but it wasn't enough.
I'll be back Sunday to wish everyone Happy New Year, and Monday's Mash Up will include my 12 for 12. Are you working on yours?