1. I think I'm going to start right of with a big brag on my kid. He finishes 8th grade in a few short days and then we're into exams. At his school, 9th grade is still middle school, and the kids don't move to upper school until 10th grade. I'm down with that. A famous rite of passage for 9th graders at Cal's school is the 9th grade speech. Every student gives one in front of the whole middle school, and the speeches are on a wide range of topics. Preserving bees. Scholastic sports. Gun control. You name it (abortion is not allowed as a topic, as are, I'm sure other super polarizing topics.), they speak about it. The speeches are well-researched, and the kids work with advisers on everything from organizing their speech to the public speaking part itself. So. There's a raffle and a lottery and apparently a lot of jockeying and trading of numbers, but guess who's willingly going first? I know, I know. I made it easy on you, but bottom line, Cal's #1. On the speech roster and in my heart. #soproud
2. I think, as long as we're talking about speeches, I might mention that he's giving one today. In front of the middle school. On the page program. This 9th grade speech will be a breeze. yes, #soproud
3. I think I so appreciate all of your comments on the photos and thoughts I shared this week. I belong to a Fuji group on Facebook, and the support I got there was astounding. I think about art a lot, and how I'm living my life and working on my craft. I expect I'll have more to say on the topic in coming days. #sorrynotsorry
4. I think, and this is totally random, that this month's Martha Stewart Living was one of my favorites in ages. I don't subscribe. It's never as good when I subscribe. So it's my monthly grocery store treat. Sometimes there are hits and sometimes misses, but this month? Hit.
5. I think I can't believe it's almost Memorial Day. We have no real plans. Exams start next week, after all. Neel and I are going to a wedding on Saturday (yay, I love weddings!), and other than that I want to eat and rest. I'm ready for summer. You?