1. I think that I can't quite believe we survived Cal's first week back. It was rough, I'm not gonna lie. Poor Cal is missing his friends and his work and, quite simply, his life in Richmond. It's hard to blame him. We ripped the band aid off though. Baseball practice all week (that helped), and lots to do this weekend. Fortunately his game yesterday (in 39º temps and 30MPH winds, thank you very little) was canceled. Fortunately for his parents, that is. He's slowly getting back in the groove. We all are.
2. I think I can't believe that today is the last day of Ditch Your Gear. When my friend Kim and I first conceived this class, we worried that there wouldn't be enough information for a full six-week course. We'd even considered a Saturday workshop before opting for a four-week mini course. Now, facing our last class, we still have so much to cover! I've loved every minute of it, and we can't wait to beef it up, clean it up and do it again.
3. I think I can't believe I spent some time looking at CAMERAS of all things yesterday. Gear envy can get you into trouble for sure, and we do have a lot of travel on the horizon. It'd be nice not to lug Big Daddy every where I go. I know a lot of enablers, and that's a problem. Dad, I'm looking at you.
4. I think I had to ask Neel last night if I overreacted last night when someone called us at 10PM to ask an entirely mundane question that could have waited until morning. "It's 10:00 o'clock at night!" I said. All she said was, "Well." This is not someone I know well at all (we've never met), and honestly, I was baffled that she called when she did. Did I overreact? (Neel says no.) How late is too late to call?
5. I think we're all ready for the weekend. It's been a long week, for sure. Re-entry + daylight savings has made for some rough mornings around here. Cal has baseball practice and he's walking in a St. Patrick's Day Parade (a HUGE tradition in our city) with the LG. Other than that, I'm hoping for a lot recovery time on the sofa. Movies, books, blogs. That's what I need.