1. I think it's been a fun and challenging photography week. The challenging part? Etched glass. Shew. That was hard. But guys, I can't thank you enough for all of your kind comments on Catherine's amazing food. A little lock clicked open inside my heart as I posted those photos and read all of your wonderful comments. It reminded me how much I love photographing food and still lifes. One of my goals this summer was to get back in touch with my camera and it feels so good to have done that. I'm ready for more. A lens upgrade maybe and more classes. But it's past time for staying here, in this place. I'm ready for more.
2. I think I am SO HAPPY that Project Runway Season 10 started last night! Seriously, the only TV (besides baseball) around here has been King of the Hill and James Bond. It's time to spice things up a bit. And Top Chef Masters AND the Olympics start next week. So. Who's watching what with me?
3. I think I'm about ready for the heat to break. When I get up at 5:30 and it's already 80 degrees? Gracious. I can't even get outside to walk or run then. If you sit really, really still when you're outside, you might be okay, But don't move. Really. Don't move.
4. I think I have such a fun mood board project for us! I might even get in the game. My friend Megan has just moved to Nantucket (cue pretend crying here: wah-wah) where her family is renting a house that needs some love. Think beach, but not pastel, southern beach. More like Adirondack beach. Sleeping porch and lake house. If you like throwing these together for fun, shoot me an email, and if we get enough boards, we'll do a post to give Megan some inspiration for her new home.
5. I think I'm in a bit of a creative funk. I'm working on the new Squarespace 6 platform to test out a new blog design, and it's mostly testing my patience (and my limitations!). I'm feeling uncertain of where to go from here with my work as a photographer and a blogger. Is it just a mid-summer funk? Or do I need a push to get to bigger and better things? Not sure really. Trying to trust the process and myself, and that's not always the easiest place to be. My friend Sarah and I used to say, "If I'm not going to be hard on myself, who will be?" I think I need some time off, or maybe even on. We have some nice plans this weekend. Dinner with some friends we rarely see, but also some time in the studio (cleaning, of course!), and we'll work to get Neel back to the beach. What does your weekend hold? I hope you're not feeling blue like me.