1. I think this is my favorite time of year with this tree. It's my view from our computer, and this time of year late in the day, the sun hits it just right and seems to just elicit the golden light from the upper branches. Not too shabby.
2. I think I don't usually post links but I found some wonderful things on the internet this week. Loving weather and clothes as much as I do, how have I not lived without this? Enter your location, you get the weather for the day AND what to wear. Sublime. Still looking for some cute winter shoes though.
3. I think also that this post says way more eloquently than I could everything I'm feeling about all of the hate I saw spewed on my Facebook news feed following the election. I'm not all that clever, really. I just thought "get a grip," and hit "hide" about a dozen times. At least. Debating some unfriending depending on how ugly things get. But. This post says all the right things and reminds us that even if your side didn't win, we're pretty damn lucky that we get to stand up and express our preference and our disappointment. As a woman, I feel that keenly.
4. I think I kinda can't believe that Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away. I'm freaking out about that just a little. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled too, but less! than! two! weeks! What are everybody's plans?
5. I think this weekend I'm excited to celebrate the birthday of a person who is most dear to me (there may be wine involved). My friend Catherine has a birthday today, and hope she knows that she's one of the most special people in the world to me. Happiest of days, dear. And many happy returns. You deserve it.