1. I think I needed that little break, but I still have a lot to say. We had snow day yesterday, and our photography class was canceled, giving me time to catch my breath. I'll have some more photos of early-morning snow at the bottom of this post.
2. I think that there has been a lot of stress around here in the last month or so, and for me the antidote to that has been to immerse myself in this creative process. It's been quite thrilling actually. And humbling. I'm learning new stuff everyday. That part is thrilling. I'm bumping into my limitations everyday too. That's the humbling part.
3. I think for this week's assignment, I'm going to give myself a little break and work with my favorite models, Neel and Callum! Our assignment is to model the work of a favorite photographer (so! many!), and I actually had two very different folks in mind for this project. With Neel and Callum, I really want to work on posing. I'm so not good at that. Since I'm not afraid of bossing them around, I figure they'll be good practice.
4. I think I've been craving a bloody mary.
5. I think I need to pay better attention to gratitude. Yesterday morning (our snow day), as Neel was leaving for work he asked me (as we often do) what I was going to be up to that day. Editing photos in the morning, I told him, when I'd have been in class. And work...writing this afternoon. Sounds good, he said. Wow. I had to smile after that. Pretty much a dream come true for me. Who'd have thunk it?
I love the depth of field in these next two!