But check this out...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
For under the tree, wrapping paper, for gifts exchanged outside of my house, both
2. Real tree or artificial tree?
Real, although if I get that box of ornaments that my dad has, I'm going looking for a retro-inspired white or silver tree for those.
3. When do you put up the tree/decorate?
First week of December
4. When do you take the tree/decorations down?
Depends, sometimes the day after Christmas, sometimes New Years' Day.
5. Do you like eggnog?
In small doses. Although I've heard a cinnamon schnapps version that sounds interesting.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
If I had to pick, I'd say my Emergency! play set, or my first bike...so many good Christmases, it's hard to choose.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
No. I'm jonesin' for a village though.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Neel. But then, our anniversary is in October and his birthday is in mid-January and he never wants anything. I however, am exceedingly easy to buy for, right Neel?
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Callum and Megan who are both hard to actually stop buying for. Seriously, I think I have both of their birthdays started already.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. My own special system of mailing one out the day I receive one so it's not too overwhelming.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Do my in-laws read this, because there was that year they were moving and cleared out their attic...
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I don't have a favorite. I've been dying to watch Elf and we watched the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol last night.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I feel sure that I have. Probably thrown some out too!
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Do you have all day? Iced rich roll cookies, thumb print cookies, chestnut stuffing, seven-layer salad, Tyler and Catherine's Trash Mix, our homemade Chex Mix, German sausages on Christmas Eve... oh God, stop me.
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
16. Favorite Christmas song?
It varies. This year I'm digging Destiny's Child doing Carol of the Bells, and The Bob's with Santa's Got a Brand New Bag. Always Dona Nobis Pachem and Silent Night.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We traveled when Callum was really small. Now we stay home.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The fights over parking places! And I'm just gonna say it, our school's Holiday Program...I have a love/hate relationship with that one.
22. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
This year I think we're having Beef Wellington. We tend to switch things up more at Christmas than Thanksgiving.
23. Angel or Star on Tree top?
24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Sparkling Diamonds? A Canon digital Rebel EOS camera? Seriously, though. I'm doing work that I love, spending time with friends that I love. I'm enriched by my amazing family, I can only hope for more of the same in 2008.